Project Welcome To Date:
- The Congregation votes in favor of conducting a Capital Campaign for Project Welcome, with a goal of raising $750,000 ($550,000 in new pledges; $200,000 in existing funds)
- The Capital Campaign kicks off at a party on the north lawn. Advanced gifts, pledges, and existing funds total $490,000!
- The Church hires an architect for the project: Spring Street Studios of Newport.
- Total funds as of July 31 exceed $600,000, including more than 80 contributions from members and friends of the congregation.
- Architectural surveys and concept drawings have begun.
- Total funds as of August 31 exceed $650,000, including more than 100 contributions from members and friends of the congregation.
- Fundraising wraps up with a fantastic Celebration Event under the tent on the North Lawn
- Pledges continue to come in as we near our goall
- We reach our Campaign Goal of $750,000!
- Building Committee begins researching zoning approval process and creating an overall timeline with an eye toward breaking ground in August 2019.
- Building Committee tours the newly finished building project at Amicable Church and meets with their building leadership who offer helpful insights into the process.
- Building Committee meets with the Architect to go over initial plans.
- Architect plans to have final drawings by May 1, 2019 so committee can seek bids during the month of May from contractors.
- Building committee receives bid from Otis for elevator which is in line with budgeted expectations.
- Dates set with the LC Zoning Board to review our application on May 7th and May 15th.